Wednesday, September 23, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRACIE!








Yep, my littlest grand girl is 1 year old today!  She is such a joy to be around, always smiling and happy.  She is ever moving.  She hasn't started walking on her on yet (although it looks like any day that could happen), but stands alone and walks with the aid of her push walker thingy.  She is the spitting image of my son, which simply melts my heart every time I look at her.  I think there is no better job in the world than being a mommy, well...except....being Mimi.......


My son doesn't get to be with his sweet little girl on her special day.  He is proudly serving our country in the Navy.  He is on his way back to the US after being on cruise to the Middle East.  He is a F-18 pilot and has been flying missions over Afghanistan for the past 4 months.  I am so relieved that he is on his way home.  He will arrive the end of October and will leave again (and take my precious Gracie and her mom) in mid November to serve in Japan for 2 1/2 years.  


Friends, hug your children tight, enjoy every precious moment you have with them.  Life is short and time flies.  You blink your eyes and they are all grown up with precious little ones of their own.  


Happy Birthday, Gracie........your Mimi loves you so much!


Always Count Your Blessings,


No comments:

Post a Comment