Sunday, September 13, 2009

Recipe Sunday

Although it is nearing fall and I am looking forward to making fall friendly meals such as soups and stews, I still like my burgers. I make them on the weekends or if I need a quick meal on a week night.  This recipe from WW is really easy and tastes great with fresh fruit or sweet potato fries.  I seem to make it most often on Sunday after church if I am not having company for lunch or dinner. Fast meal = longer Sunday afternoon nap, hee hee.  Try it, even if you aren't on a diet, it's healthy and good!


Juicy Hamburgers (Low in WW Points)


1 spray of cooking spray
1 pound of uncooked lean ground beef (with 7% fat)
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp. minced garlic
½ tsp. table salt
¼ tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
4 reduced calorie hamburger buns

Coat a large griddle, outdoor grill rack or stovetop grill pan with cooking spray and preheat to medium-high. In a large bowl, combine beef, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well and shape mixture into 4 patties, about 1-inch-thick each. (To retain juiciness, be careful not to overwork the meat.) Place burgers on hot griddle or grill and cook 5 minutes per side for medium (or longer until desired doneness).


Serve burgers on rolls with your favorite toppings.


Always Count Your Blessings,





No comments:

Post a Comment