Sunday, September 13, 2009

Inspiring Frugal Find

I found this beautiful piece at HomeGoods a couple of days ago.  It was $24.99.  Can you believe it?  I thought it would work nicely above my bed in the master bedroom.  I really love it and think it fits perfectly.  Now I only have one problem.  I really don't like the rest of the room.  My bedding is okay (and will have to do for now).  It's a very neutral cream with a pretty pattern, but my lamps, wow they need work.
Hey bloggy friends can you help me out with some suggestions for warming up my room and updating the very old lamps that I currently have?  Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm thinking that I really want to stay within the Chocolate color family to keep DH happy. (He doesn't want a frilly, girl room.) 

Here's a close up of my very old, antique brass and wood lamps that I am sure are at least 25 years old.  They've served me well and I really want to be frugal and keep them.  What shall I do?  I promise to post an update of what changes I make as soon as they are done!

Always Count Your Blessings,


1 comment:

  1. I would suggest using Krylon Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint on the lamp bases. I just discovered it and it looks like it would match your new find. LOVE IT! Here's a link to see pics of the oil rubbed bronze projects I did.(I looks more black in the pics than it really is)

    http://redswriting.blogspot.com/2009/09/dollar-tree-and-krylon-oil-rubbed.html

    Then you could take it a step farther by hot gluing a cheap coordinating beige cord trim around the top and bottom of the shades.

    Can't wait to see what you decide!

    ReplyDelete